Lockdown Bozza is the new app that will help South Africans navigate the ever-changing rules and regulations of the lockdown levels.
South Africa (04 May 2020) – Lockdown Bozza is an up-and-coming app that will help South Africans navigate the lockdown levels. Launched by four friends, the app is set to be as helpful as the load shedding app “Eskom Se Push”.
Rahul Patel, Emma Patel, Adam Romyn and Ahren Posthumus started discussing the lockdown levels after the President made the announcement. Rahul and Emma sat in Johannesburg, talking about what the levels could mean. In Cape Town, Adam and his business partner Ahren were having the very same conversation.
They decided to collaborate on an interactive web app. The team worked day and night and have come up with a beneficial tool.
The app has various activities colour-coded like a robot, green is allowed, orange is restricted, and red is not allowed. Each province has a section, and within that, their municipalities break down the lockdown rules even further.
Information about the app:
- An app to help South Africans easily understand what you can and can’t do at various levels of the lockdown.
- We wanted to simplify the information and guidelines announced by government (especially as the guidelines are evolving based on the latest number of cases)
- So that it becomes super easy for people to follow the correct rules, to keep our country safe, and get the economy back up (balancing lives and livelihoods)
- App allows you to enter your province and district so that should the level change by province/district it automatically informs you
- App gives a simple traffic light symbol for various activities that people are engaging in: Green means OK, Amber means there are some restrictions, Red means you are not allowed.
- It also has a countdown on the number of hours until curfew begins or ends.
The website is more interactive via your mobile phone. You can check it out here. You will even find a curfew countdown on the site that notifies you with how many hours are left until curfew.
“Welcome fellow South African’s. I am the Lockdown Bozza (Boss). I will tell you what you can and can’t do during the lockdown period!”
Take a look at the screengrabs we took while navigating the web app. We used our location, which is the City of Johannesburg in Gauteng, but you can easily access your area.
As we clicked through, it was all explained as we went. We clicked on the restricted activity of Alcohol and then clicked through the levels for that specific restriction. Each item on the web app is clickable and will tell you the rules and restrictions for that particular thing. We recommend you try it for yourself to get the best results for your needs.
The web app works on both desktop/laptop but as mentioned, is best on your mobile.