We love an inspirational quote and every week we share the one we love most; these are all the quotes we have used in 2021 so far.
South Africa (23 November 2021) – When needing a little inspiration we often turn to the greatest thinkers for help. Whether is be poems, literature or even musicians, their quotes about life, love and success continue to inspire.
There are people alive today and many who are not, that have said truly profound things that have the power to shift our mindset.
Every week we try to find a quote that embodies the mood of our stories. We place these quotes in our weekly newsletter which goes out every Friday. You can sign up clicking on the home page and scrolling past our newest stories. The newsletter sign-up bar is bright yellow.
These are the quotes we have used so far this year. There are some real gems amongst them.
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
- “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
- “While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
- “If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.” – Arabian Proverb
- “Survival can be summed up in three words, never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” – Bear Grylls
- “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” – Bernard Williams
- “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
- “I beg you take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster.” – Catherine the Great
- “The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.” – Coretta Scott King
- “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- “When a person is down in the world, an ounce of help is better than a pound of preaching.” – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “Look up and not down. Look forward and not back. Look out and not in, and lend a hand.” – Edward Everett Hale
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Do what you can, with what you have and do it now!” – George Washington Carver
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”- George Addair
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can.” – Hillary Clinton
- “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” – Khalil Gibran
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
- “Life’s most urgent questions is: ‘What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.” – Margaret J. Wheatley
- “I think a hero is really any person intent on making this a better place for all people.” – Maya Angelou
- “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
- “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
- “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
- “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
- “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
- “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up” – Nelson Mandela
- “As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” – Plato
- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato
- “A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough.” – Richard M. Devos
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Of all the medicines in the inner life, a smile is by far the best medicine.” – Sri Chinmoy
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
- “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
- “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” -Thomas Carlyle
- “It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked Down, It’s Whether You Get Up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Wayne W. Dyer
- “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.” – Willy Wonka by Roald Dahl
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
What is your favourite quote? Let us know in the comment section and it may end up in our next newsletter.