Gauteng Grade 1’s & 8’s can now be registered for 2019 schooling online

Schools Educator Schooling Teacher

The 2019 online registration system for grade one and eight pupils is live meaning that parents can register their children easily for the 2019 schooling year.

The online portal for 2019 schooling registrations is currently live. Applications will close at the end of May so parents are being urged to act fast.

To avoid technical problems this year, the provincial Education Department worked with the Home Affairs Department and its experts to strengthen the online portal.

“Everyone who doesn’t know how to use it, they can visit any community library and that library is going to have admission personnel who will assist them on how to enrol. So if you can’t afford data, you can go there.” – Panyaza Lesufi, MEC

If you would like to know how to register your child, check out the tips below.

Register your children for 2019 on the online portal by logging into www.gdeadmissions.gov.za. Online applications will open on the 16th of April 2018 from 8 am and close at midnight on the 28th of May 2018.

Registration Process

• When you land on the homepage click on the “Apply for 2019” button in the middle of the page. From the next page click on the “Continue” button after reading the terms and conditions. Follow the steps.
  • Step 1 of the registration process will require you to enter your details as a child’s parent or guardian.
  • Step 2 will require you to enter the child’s details.
  • Step 3 will then allow you to apply for the school of your choice.

Once you are done with the registration process you will receive a waiting list number and details of documents which need to be submitted to the school of your choice.

They have even provided a video tutorial (please note that while the video is discussing 2018, the same applies to 2019), which you can watch below.

Please note that this article is purely informative and all queries and concerns need to be sent to the Education Department directly. We are unable to provide assistance on this matter as we are a news agency.

Sources: EWN / EWN
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments or follow GoodThingsGuy on Facebook & Twitter to keep up to date with good news as it happens.
Click the link below to listen to the Good Things Guy Podcast, with Brent Lindeque – South Africa’s very own Good Things Guy. He’s on a mission to change what the world pays attention to and he truly believes that there’s good news all around us. In the Good Things Guy podcast, you’ll meet these everyday heroes & hear their incredible stories:

Facebook Comments

Tyler Vivier
Tyler Leigh Vivier is a writer for Good Things Guy. Her passion is to spread good news across South Africa with a big focus on environmental issues, animal welfare and social upliftment. Outside of Good Things Guy, she is an avid reader and lover of tea.

83 Comments

1. Oupa

April 19, 2018 at 8:08 pm

Hi I want to registrar for my child for grade 8

• lindokuhle mvumbi

July 31, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Hy i want to register my child for 2019

• Emily baloyi

August 7, 2018 at 9:46 pm

Hi I’m suffering to register my child for grade 1

• nelly

August 14, 2018 at 10:52 am

please advise if we still can register our children for 2019 she will be in grade 2

• sisanda dlomo

October 10, 2018 at 5:50 pm

Want to register my doubter for grade 8 2019

2. busisiwe

April 20, 2018 at 12:55 am

Hello my name is busi, I’m trying to apply but its say not correct password format please help

• Thabiso

May 24, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Aowa!can someone assist us please … password is giving us hard time.

3. Luzingu

April 20, 2018 at 10:06 am

I’m also having the same problem (password or ID) can someone assist

4. Keabetswe

April 20, 2018 at 8:08 pm

I have a problem in filling in my child’s ID number it says Id number already registered.

• gugu

June 26, 2018 at 7:57 am

hi i have been trying to register my daughter online for grade 5 but it keeps on going back pls help

5. Mary

May 4, 2018 at 3:51 pm

hi i have been struggling to register since the opening of the online registration but the system is not taking my address,,after completing the parent section then it does not allow me to continue

6. ouma matshaba

May 8, 2018 at 12:54 pm

hi i have similar problem after registering my details it doesn’t want to continue to learner details section, i even called the call center without any help, the lady on the phone just said” continue until you get it right ” just imagine

7. Thembi

May 8, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Hi I’m THembi it doesn’t want to move to student details keeps on going back to parents datails

8. Duduzile Charlotte

May 9, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Hi can you please help me to register my son for grade 1 in 2019

9. Queen

May 14, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Hi please help us guys I’m not able to register my daughter I’m getting the same problem

10. Sifiso

May 14, 2018 at 4:07 pm

hi people, i seriously have a serious problem about this registration online form, ive been trying to register my son. it keeps on going back on the same page

11. Mahlatsi

May 15, 2018 at 9:08 am

Password giving me lil problem

12. Mahlompho

May 15, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Hi I want to know if im gonna be able to register a child who is going to grade 3

13. Sibongile

May 16, 2018 at 7:41 am

I can’t get this it’s keep on repeating the first page and am scared time is going can I get help I want to register my son for grade 8

14. Thabiso devine

May 24, 2018 at 6:19 pm

For those who are suffering due to password problem please read this very carefully… start with any capital alphabet(D) @ then you press two small letters(cc) and also press your last favourite four digits.(1234).goodluck!

15. Makhosazane

May 26, 2018 at 3:49 pm

Good people please help me out , I’ve been trying to register my little sister for grade 8 and it just keeps on taking me back to the same page

16. Pulane

May 29, 2018 at 7:52 am

I have being trying to register but it don’t go

17. Esther

May 29, 2018 at 1:20 pm

Hi I have tried to register my child for Grade 1 but the application was unsuccessful she turning six in January

18. Meshack Matlala

May 29, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Hi I also have been trying to register my son for grade 8 but the system didn’t want to go through?

19. Andile

May 30, 2018 at 11:50 am

Please can they give us another chance to re-register for 2019 grade 1

20. lindiwe

June 1, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Hi i did register my son last year but he failed now when i register for 2019 it doesn’t want to go through it’s just go to the same page please help.

• lindiwe

June 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Hi now that I was struggling to register what must i do now?

21. palesa

June 4, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Yes we need another chance to apply

22. Again

June 6, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Hello i also tried so many times not going through

23. Again

June 6, 2018 at 1:39 pm

Please we need another chance

24. Yeveshree Govender

June 11, 2018 at 10:59 am

According to the above I was supposed to receive a notification stating what documents should be submitted to the school. I received an sms from the school on Friday stating I should submit documents, I called them today and they advised that I can no longer submit the documents, so what now? The ref numbers are on the system which shows that I registered

25. Dakalo

June 11, 2018 at 4:22 pm

I registed my son to grade 8 myself so i got the reference number . I failes to submit the document and ref number as i dont just get off days anytime. The day i was off i submitted the documenta to school they said im late i have to check online and see if they are opened again .told them i registered online and have everything.so my son is not going to grade 8 because of late aubmission of socuments not late to registration online.

• Ntokozo

July 30, 2018 at 3:00 pm

I have the same prob..they have to help us…

26. nyandy

June 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm

Plss we need onother chance to register and sumbit documents to school

• Lucy

July 23, 2018 at 11:34 am

Hi I need to register my girls for grade 8 what must I do

27. Bongiwe norah

June 12, 2018 at 11:59 am

Register for nxt year two child

28. Modjadji

June 13, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Hello, I also tried many times it goes not go through. Please we need another chance to register

29. Paulina

June 13, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Hello,please we need another chance to register. I tried so many times is not going through

30. Juliet

June 15, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Greetings! My daughter tried in vain to register my grandson for Grade 8 – Gauteng. According to her, she experienced some problems, until registrations closed. Please help…..Please

31. gugu

June 26, 2018 at 7:58 am

32. Pindy

June 29, 2018 at 8:36 pm

hi am looking for a space for my child but i cant go through

33. Leah

July 21, 2018 at 12:00 am

I tired to register my child but I couldn’t go through please help me because I need a space for my child

34. promise

July 24, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Please help to register my daughter for grade 1 im desparetly shame its not nice if you cant find a space for grade1

35. promise

July 24, 2018 at 3:08 pm

I try to apply but id doesnt go through

36. lindokuhle mvumbi

July 31, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Im trying to register ma child for 2019

37. Lindiwe Nkosi

August 3, 2018 at 8:38 am

Hi I was trying 2 register my son 2 weeks bck or a week bck 4 grade 1 nxt year so tht skul I went 2 thy told m th registration 4 grade 1 is close. I’m new 2 th place I’m living at nw n never thought it will b ths soon 4 m 2 move out frm home so hw cn u help m, I live at Flak fantain n I nid my kids 2 go skulking at Lance bt I 4 gt th name of th skul

38. thembnkosi lesley shabalala

August 3, 2018 at 9:23 am

hi my nane is Thembinkosi Lesley Shabalala I have succefully register my child on line the problem now how to check as I have got the message saying I my check for the outcome before seven day how to check that please help

39. hester steenkamp

August 3, 2018 at 2:13 pm

cant rich your site it kedp saying cant reach

40. isaiah kharatsi

August 3, 2018 at 6:50 pm

i just receive a massage on my cellphone stating that i must log onto http://www.gdeadmission.gov.za for the outcome of my application to grade 1 for 2019. and it says offers not confirmed within 7 days will be forfeited.
    i did log onto but i can not see what offers are they talking about

41. Alex van Rooyen

August 3, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Hi Alex van Rooyen got a message saying that my application for grand 1 for my daughter, conforming within 7 days will be forfeited.

42. Mpho Nkomo

August 3, 2018 at 10:57 pm

Hi I’m Mpho Nkomo I successfully registered my kids online.today I got an SMS saying I must login and check the out come of my application before 7 days.now the problem is I can’t login when I ether my id no it says my id is incorrect. Pls help cause I need to know whether my child got a school for grade 8.

43. Zanele

August 4, 2018 at 9:11 am

Hi my name Zanele from Pimville I register 2 kids grade 1 nd grade 8 but yesterday when I login in the grade 1 kids has accepted to the school nd grade 8 says still pending so should I wait for how long please help

44. Nelly

August 5, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I got a massage that saying I must log on to www,gdeadmission.gov .za
    I did logged in to that website but it doesn’t show anything. It only says that the parent will get that massage on the 3rd of Aug which no got

Can i be worried

Please help

45. Bongani

August 6, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Hi my name is Bongani
    I want to register for me son for grade 1 am I too late to register
    Please help

46. Stanley Cape

August 6, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Hi I am trying to log in and its keeps on say the username or password is incorrect what do i do now .I receive the SMS’s with the token reset number but still it read the same incorrect password or username

47. Ntombi

August 7, 2018 at 12:31 am

Hi my name Zodwa I’ve registered my child at Rakgotso so I’ve received a message saying pending status is due…I don’t understand my child is admitted or what …it’s a local school I can’t afford to take him to other school , he must travel to to other schools

48. Zodwa

August 7, 2018 at 12:36 am

49. Super M

August 7, 2018 at 9:00 am

Hi my Name Super M, I’ve registered my son for Grade 8 first day of School registration @ Viljoen H ,Van Reebeck H & Randfontein H. Now i’m comfused,I not
    sure if his admitted or not.

50. Jeremiah Molete

August 7, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Hi
    It seems the is a problem with the system, I have being trying to login but no success it says wrong Username or Password pls help. Concern Parent

Thanks
    Jerry

51. Gedion mathe

August 9, 2018 at 2:12 pm

It’s frustrating still.Am battling here that is clear ,I will try the library or go to the school direct,in May I had same problem and everyone believed I was a fool

52. Essau

August 15, 2018 at 9:41 am

This new registering of children on line its giving issues it does not let you to do exactly what its been said it’s a battle they should’ve made it simple for the parents.

53. vuyelwa

August 15, 2018 at 10:12 am

Hi i am starting to get worried I am trying to log in and its keeps on say the username or password is incorrect what do i do now .I receive the SMS’s with the token reset number but still it read the same incorrect password or username

54. Zolakhe

August 15, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Hi i am worried because i cant log in into my account and it keep saying invalid login attempt

55. Sonto Timmy Nkosi

August 16, 2018 at 1:21 pm

This is not fair to parents bcoz we are now stressing , we forgot the password n at school they can’t even assist , what must we do?

56. C Louis

August 17, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Hi, please tell what can I do know the outcome of my application for Grade 1 and also for the school offers, how do I confirm? I logon my application but it is showing Pending: District is processing the application and when I call it takes long.

57. Solomon

August 17, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Hi my name is Solomon.can u advase me I need to register my son.can u tell me when are u going to open.advance me on my email..solomonngwako03@gmail.com.cell no:0712398804

• Beatrice Zwane

August 20, 2018 at 9:46 am

Hi,I registered my child,on the 3/08/18 I received massage that says log on
      for outcome of your application,I did, then massage says be patient GDE call center is experiencing high call volumes,I don know what to do, my child is asking me everyday if i did find school for him,please i need ASTON MANOR please only that school please please

58. Beatrice Zwane

August 20, 2018 at 9:26 am

Hi,Please I need help,I registered my child at Aston manor,and I am still waiting for response,I need that only Aston Manor Kemp-ton Park not other school please please

59. Musa

August 22, 2018 at 1:51 am

Hi, iv been struggling to register my son for gr8 at Noordheuwel, my daughter studies at the same school, please help?

60. Nthabiseng Ntjana

August 29, 2018 at 11:34 am

Hi, I’ve registered my daughter (Kgomotso Ntjana) in March this year and the school sent me a reply saying I must apply online and I’m experiencing the problem of registering online. Can you please help me my number is 073 819 3154.

Nthabiseng Ntjana

61. Pinky Besane

August 31, 2018 at 7:16 pm

The process of registering children is extremely frustrating. Presently i received a sms saying my daughter is accepted at a paticular school for grade 8 and that i have to go to the school in 7 days, i did that the school cant help me before i click accept online, the challenge is that i cant get to online admissions everytime it just says invalid log in attempt. Pls Mr MEC Lesufi this is terribly frustrating we need help. Will my child finally be enrolled for grade 8 in Vanderbijlpark.

• Pinky Besane

August 31, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Cellphone number for your reply is 0741488484. Child’s name Lumka Besane

62. Lindiwe Nkosi

September 2, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Plz we nid 1 last more chance for the late registration, I’m in a situation here I’m going 2 move into a new place next year. Lenasia South so I nid space 4 my 2 kids grade 1 n grade 5. Plz 1 more chance

63. Mahlogonolo Mawela

September 12, 2018 at 3:01 pm

when will the next application for grade1 addmission 2019 open because i couldn’t register during may and now am worried that my child might not get addmission

64. raymond mhlongo

September 13, 2018 at 11:07 am

hi i want to register my brother to grade 8 and my son to grade 1 for 2019

65. Hazel

October 5, 2018 at 8:10 am

If u failed to registered which means your child is no longer going to school next year? Plz give us a chance for the sake of our kids to open the line again my son his giong to grade 8 next year we need thi opportunity

66. Ntombi

October 10, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Hi when is the late registration for grade 1 , please help

67. michael

October 11, 2018 at 7:40 am

This thing is not working really from may

68. Deborah Moffat

October 15, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Hii would like to enroll for my daughter for 2019 for grade 1 around books burg thnx.

69. Pulane

October 19, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Been trying to register my son for Grade1 at Rietfontein noord laer and the portal keeps taking me back to the home page. He’s got a sibling already at school.

70. Sihle

October 22, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Hi i want to regester my child for grade 1…am living in Tsietsi plaese help

71. Nombulelo Maqhashalala

October 24, 2018 at 11:58 am

Hi i want to register my son of grade one at Ivory primary school

• Themba

November 5, 2018 at 10:45 am

Hi can you believe that my son has been attending at this school now they wont take him coz we were struggling to get through,now they gave a 6yrs old school where there’s no transport, I mean 15km away from where he stays how is he gona get to school????

72. Themba