Help people find and distinguish you from others when they search for your name on Google.. this is the People Card!
South Africa (28 December 2020) – You can now create your presence on Google Search by creating something called a “People Card”.
It’s like a digital business card that brings together what you do in the real world while showcasing your social media spaces as well… so now when you search for people on Google, you can find even more relevant information about them!
Google launched its People Card feature in South Africa recently, which can help influencers, entrepreneurs, and job hunters boost their online presence but, can be used by anyone to expand their current prospects.
Using this feature, people can make virtual visiting cards for themselves, which will show up when someone searches for you on Google. These public profiles are aimed at giving professionals a one-stop-destination for all of their important accurate information stored in one place.
The initiative, introduced to South Africa this week, allows Google account holders to create their own personalised information cards which hold prime search engine positions.
How to create your people card on Google Search:
You can create your presence on Google Search by creating a people card. You need to submit a people card with your relevant info. People will then be able to search for you and discover your card on Google Search results.
What you need:
- An Android phone or tablet, or an iPhone or iPad
- A mobile browser or the Google Search app
- A personal Google Account
- Web & App Activity turned on
Important: This feature is available in India, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa, for users that have their set language to English. This feature isn’t available yet on desktop.
Create your people card:
Important: Google doesn’t guarantee that your card will show up on Google Search. The more info you provide in your card, the more likely it will show up in Google Search results.
- On your mobile device, go to google.com, or open the Google Search app Google and search for yourself.
- You can also search add me to google or edit my people card.
- At the top of search results, you’ll find the option to add yourself to Google Search. Tap Get started
- Fill out the information that you want to share publicly on your card. These fields are required: Summary and Profession.
- At the bottom, tap Preview.
- If you’re satisfied with your card, tap Submit.
Tip: It can take up to a few hours for your card to show up in Google Search results. If you share a name with someone famous, you might need to add a distinguishable term to your profile. This term will help other people in their search query. For example, “Aamir Khan food Blogger” or “Aamir Khan tutor.”