The Lion King album has been released, and many South Africans are chuffed to have discovered that two local artists collaborated with Beyoncé.
Johannesburg, South Africa – Busiswa and Moonchild Sanelly, two local artists, have been featured on the new Lion King album which was released earlier this month.
The movie is set to be released globally on the 19th of July, just days away. We are so excited we can barely contain ourselves. So hearing that two South African artists were featured on the album has lifted our hearts even more.
Moonchild Sanelly (born Sanelisiwe Twisha) originally from Port Elizabeth is known for her “Future ghetto punk” music and signature blue hair. She has been blessed to be able to share her music with the world by performing at international music festivals.
Busiswa Gqulu was born in Mthatha, Eastern Cape. She started her career as a poet, attending live readings. She then went on to be discovered, landed a record deal, and the rest is history. The talented artist has been featured on the 2014 Mail & Guardian 200 Young South Africans list.
The two proudly South African artists are featured on track 12 of the new album alongside Beyoncé, Tierra Whack and Yemi Alade. The song is called “My Power”.
No. Title. Performer(s).
1. “Bigger” – Beyoncé
2. “Find Your Way Back (Circle of Life)” – Beyoncé
3. “Don’t Jealous Me” – Tekno, Yemi Alade and Mr Eazi
4. “Ja Ara E” – Burna Boy
5. “The Nile” – Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar
6. “Mood 4 Eva” – Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Childish Gambino
7. “Water” – Salatiel, Pharrell and Beyoncé
8. “Brown Skin Girl” – Blue Ivy Carter, St. Jhn, Wizkid and Beyoncé
9. “Keys to the Kingdom” – Tiwa Savage and Mr Eazi
10. “Otherside” – Beyoncé
11. “Already” – Beyoncé and Shatta Wale
12. “My Power” – Tierra Whack, Beyoncé, Busiswa, Yemi Alade and Moonchild Sanelly
13. “Scar” – 070 Shake and Jessie Reyez
14. “Spirit” – Beyoncé (written by Ilya Salmanzadeh, Labrinth and Beyoncé)
You can watch the title soundtrack “Spirit” below.
Are you going to watch Lion King this weekend? Let us know in the comment section.