The best pizza places of 2021 have been announced, and the voting for the best place of 2022 has opened; where is your favourite pizza from?
South Africa (11 July 2022) – Hot melted cheese, your favourite toppings all deliciously cooked on a thin crispy crust or a doughy thick-crusted pizza. The thought makes out mouths water! We all have a favourite pizza and pizza place, but South Africans have voted, and these are the top 10 best pizza places in South Africa!
The Pizzeria Challenge was hosted by the wine company Porcupine Ridge and the winners were recently announced for 2021. The 2022 competition has already kicked off, so if you have a favourite pizza place, you can help them win next. The current competition is running from the 1st of July to the 30th of September 2022. The winners for 2022 will be announced in October.
The winner of the best pizza in South Africa for 2021 is Gino’s Restaurant in Robertsham, Johannesburg. You can take a look at the top 10 below.
- Gino’s Restaurant (Robertsham, Gauteng)
- Ferdinandos (Observatory, Western Cape),
- Lucio’s Pizzeria (Randburg, Gauteng),
- Bardelli’s (Kenilworth, Western Cape),
- Gino’s (Stellenbosch, Western Cape),
- Asta Italian Restaurant (Stellenbosch, Western Cape),
- Izerria Pizza Parlour (Pretoria, Gauteng),
- Caraffa Restaurant (Pretoria, Gauteng),
- Osteria Rossa (Bedfordview, Gauteng),
- Caspitas (George, Western Cape).
“Being placed at number one was a tremendous validation of what we do, which is provide delicious Italian food made with passion and provides good value-for-money.
“What made the win even better is that the competition is voted for by the public and it demonstrated that we are doing the right thing for our customers and to them I say saluti, bon appetito, grazie.” – Gino Mazza
What is your favourite pizza place?