The Good Things Guy team has put together 31 ideas to spread the Christmas Kindness this year.
South Africa (01 December 2020) – 2020 has been a tragic year filled with COVID-19 and global suffering… so we know that a bit of kindness will go along way, and this Christmas Kindness calendar might be just the right thing to inspire the festive love.
This thing we are collectively going through is so incredibly traumatic. A pandemic has stripped us of our normalcy and is slowly chipping away at our security, our economic stability and taking away our loved ones. It’s complicated, and there are so many moving parts, and on top of that, we all have our own battles within this that can make it feel so much harder.
It can feel very heavy, most of the time.
Kindness can go along way to helping each other through this so the Good Things Guy team has put together 31 ideas to spread the Christmas Kindness this year.
You don’t have to do them in order but you can cross one good thing off every day and help spread some joy in what has been a very tough year for so many.
Here’s the printable Kindness Calendar below:
Here are the 31 ideas listed:
- Pick up litter!
- Pay for someone’s layby
- Sing an employee’s praises to a manager or on a comment card
- Shop from a small business!
- Let someone into your lane in traffic
- Take flowers to the nurse’s station at your local hospital
- Pay for someone’s groceries behind you in line.
- Donate stuffed animals to police and fire departments to use during emergencies to help calm frightened children.
- Leave a nice waiter or waitress a generous tip.
- Walk a neighbours dog.
- Volunteer an afternoon at a soup kitchen.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the checkout line.
- Put sticky notes with positive messages in public places.
- Sing Christmas Carols, play board games, or just visit with senior citizens at a nursing home.
- Leave candy canes on the windshields of random cars.
- Volunteer at an Animal Shelter
- Donate colouring books and boxes of new crayons to the paediatric wing of a hospital.
- Bake cookies for local fire-station
- Clean up a beach, riverbank or park
- Drop off a toy or game at a hospital or a homeless shelter.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Put change in a vending machine.
- Pay the toll for the person behind you.
- Invite someone you suspect will be alone to spend your holiday celebrations with you.
- Send a message to a loved one apologising or offering forgiveness
- Put a comment on someone’s Facebook Page that you really like
- Leave some money in a product on a grocery shelf
- Leave a favourite book in a public place with a note that’s it’s free for the taking.
- Tell someone you love them
- Leave nice comments on Twitter, and Facebook.
- Be kind to yourself