President Jacob Zuma’s Nkandla homestead has been put up for sale on online classifieds site OLX.
The advertisement complete with pictures and a map lists the property at R260 million and describes the president’s home as a “3.83ha luxury compound with world-class security & entertainment infrastructure for sale in the pristine & historical sprawling hills of Nkandla municipality ‘Enqabeni Enkulu KwaZulu’”.
It goes on to say that the estate is in a “prime location with strategic seclusion and road access points perfect for highly discreet, protected and luxury serene living”.
The advert was posted on February 11 by a person identified on the site as Ntoeng Sekhoto.
“Equipped with almost any amenity an international stately family would require, complete with security operational quarters, helipad & underground bunker with seamless “panic-mode” transit rail – this kingdom of exclusivity is a secure dream in the heartland of balmy Kwa-Zulu Natal,” reads the advertisment.
The cheeky poster also lists the telephone number for the presidency in Cape Town for more details.
The advert describes several key features to tempt potential buyers, which include:
– Kraal / Livestock enclosure with culvert – 37.8m diameter
– Small fowl enclusure [sic] – perfect for ducks, quails, hens
– First-aid house with dedicated diesel-powered generator
– Tear-drop Pool for leisure & emergency use.
– Access to astro-turf & soccer field on estate
– Generous Staff Living Quarters
– Upgraded central air-conditioning in all sections & rooms.
– Underground bunker with ample living quarters with autonomous water systems
– Bullet proof windows
– Electrical fail-proof perimeter fence around entire property & section 1-3.
– Seamless state-of-the-art bunker lift between Main house & Bunker to ensure efficient transit to protected zones.
– 1 Gatehouse equipped with surveillance equipment & supplies
– Lightning proof mechanism on all thatched roofs
A formal query has been sent to the Presidency for comment.