A Christmas challenge has been shared millions of times on Facebook, encouraging people to start early and end the year on a merry note.
South Africa (11 September 2020) – If you have been a Good Things Guy reader for a long time, you will know we are all about the Christmas spirit. If you are a new reader, welcome to the madness!
A meme from the UK is doing the rounds on social media and it is the kind of good news we can really get behind! It is promoting that we start celebrating Christmas from the 1st of November. Christmas in South Africa is the BEST! We have the best weather, the days are so much longer and the overall mood is so much better come the festive season.
Because 2020 has been so rough on us all, why not start Christmas sooner? If it brings you joy each year, we say go for it! Take a look at the meme for some ideas if you need them and we have a few of our own below as well.
Right so how are we going to make this plan happen? We got you covered!
- For affordable decorations visit local charity shops to get what you need. You get what you need and they get funding to keep doing good.
- Watch our top 25 Christmas movies – We put them in a nifty advent calendar form for you and it was such a hit in 2019, we will get one ready with all the other movies available in 2020 later this year.
- Save money and DIY your decorations and gifts this year. With more festive time on your hands, make your own cards, wrapping paper, decorations and gifts.
- Start your planning early too, you can find some valuable tips here.
- Encourage friends and family to join in the early Christmas spirit – we all need a good mood boost to end off the year.
So, who is in for a long Christmas in 2020? We are excited to end the year off on a merry note.