The nominees for the highly anticipated annual Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards have just been announced and this year there are 30 restaurants!
South Africa’s nominees for the Top Restaurant have been announced and the Western Cape takes most of the spots. Gauteng restaurants Marble, Luke Dale-Roberts X The Saxon and Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient also appear along with KZN’s Hartford House.
Chef Chantel Dartnall, owner of Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient, won the Eat Out S.Pellegrino Chef of the Year in 2014 and was recently named the world’s top female chef. The calibre of chefs in South Africa is phenomenal, making SA a serious contender in the global ‘gourmet cuisine’ scene.
South African gastronomy is becoming extremely popular. More South Africans and international visitors are spending their hard earned money to taste the exquisite food on offer in our beautiful country.
Here are the top 30 in no particular order:
- Camphors at Vergelegen (Somerset West)
- Chefs Warehouse & Canteen (Bree Street)
- Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia (Constantia)
- DW Eleven-13 (Dunkeld West)
- FABER (Paarl)
- Fermier Restaurant (The Willows)
- Foliage (Franschhoek)
- Foxcroft (Constantia)
- Greenhouse at The Cellars-Hohenort (Constantia)
- Hartford House (Mooi River)
- Indochine (Delaire Graff Estate, Stellenbosch)
- Jardine Restaurant (Stellenbosch)
- Jordan Restaurant (Stellenbosch)
- La Colombe (Constantia Nek)
- La Mouette (Sea Point)
- La Tête (Cape Town CBD)
- Luke Dale-Roberts X The Saxon (Sandhurst, Sandton)
- Makaron Restaurant (Stellenbosch)
- Marble (Rosebank)
- Mulberry & Prince (Cape Town CBD)
- Overture (Stellenbosch)
- The Pot Luck Club (Woodstock)
- The Restaurant at Waterkloof (Somerset West)
- Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient (Elandsfontein)
- The Shortmarket Club (Cape Town CBD)
- Springfontein Eats (Stanford)
- Terroir (Stellenbosch)
- The Test Kitchen (Woodstock)
- Thali (Gardens)
- Wolfgat (Paternoster)
The Top 10 restaurants will be revealed on Sunday 19 November 2017 at the awards ceremony at GrandWest in Cape Town. A countdown will happen from 30 to 11 and then they will proceed to announce which restaurants made the top 10.
Drumroll, please! #EatOutAwards
Posted by Eat Out on Tuesday, 7 November 2017