Sports produce some of our country’s top achievers; these are the organisations and federations working to uplift through various sporting codes.
South Africa (12 January 2023) – The Good Things Guy team has been working on these charity lists since the start of the pandemic in 2020. They were created as tools to help people find help or offer it to causes close to their hearts. Over the years, the demand for these lists has grown, and today, we are excited to share our lists for 2023.
Our charity list was usually one long one, but we have found, with the help of insightful readers, that one list is too much to work through. This year we are splitting the list into various categories. This list features all the sports organisations we have featured over the years and can vouch for.
If we have missed an organisation or charity, please email email@example.com, and we will add it soonest; kindly supply the relevant links as well as which province they work in, the NPO/NGO/NPC registration details and a brief description of what the organisation does.
Please note, this is a working list, so keep sending through your charities, and we will keep adding them!
- Blind Cricket South Africa – Facebook
- Blind Golf Association of South Africa – Facebook
- Deaf Rugby South Africa – Website / Facebook
Surfing and Swimming
- Adaptive Surfers of South Africa (Working in Durban) – Facebook
- Made for More (Working in Durban ) – Website / Facebook
- The Roxy Davis Foundation (Working in Muizenberg, Western Cape) – Website / Facebook
- Netball South Africa – Website / Facebook
- Women in Sports Education Upliftment Programme (WISEUP – also focussing on girl’s hockey) – Facebook
Ball and Racquet Sports
- Egolisquash Youth Empowerment (Working in Johannesburg) – Website / Facebook
- Squash South Africa – Website / Facebook
Donating Sporting Goods
- Play it Forward Jozi (Working in Johannesburg) – Facebook
- JAG Foundation – Website / Facebook
- Laureus Sport for Good – Website
- Team South Africa – Website / Facebook
- The Sports Trust – Website / Facebook
- United Through Sport – Website
Karate, Judo, Boxing and Wrestling
- Karate South Africa – Website
- Orlando West Karate Development via Soweto Karate Dojo (Working in Soweto) – Facebook
Road Sports – Cycling, Running and Racing
School and After-School Programmes
- Safe Study (Working in Lorentzville, Johannesburg) – Facebook
- Sporting Chance Foundation (Working in Cape Town) – Website / Facebook
Swimming and Water Sports
- The National Sea Rescue Institue (Swimming lessons) – Website / Facebook
- Swimming South Africa – Website / Facebook