Society as a whole has an obligation to care for its elderly; if you are looking to lend a helping hand or a kind ear, these are the charities to support in 2023.
South Africa (25 January 2023) – The Good Things Guy team has been working on these charity lists since the start of the pandemic in 2020. They were created as tools to help people find help or offer it to causes close to their hearts. Over the years, the demand for these lists has grown, and today, we are excited to share our elder care list for 2023.
Our charity list was usually one long one, but we have found, with the help of insightful readers, that one list is too much to work through. This year we are splitting the list into various categories. This list features all the organisations working to protect and support the elderly.
If we have missed an organisation or charity, please email email@example.com, and we will add it soonest; kindly supply the relevant links as well as which province they work in, the NPO/NGO/NPC registration details and a brief description of what the organisation does.
Please note, this is a working list, so keep sending through your charities, and we will keep adding them!
PS: We also have a helpful list for pensioners, detailing all the deals and discounts available to them in 2023. You can read that here.
- Kindness Like Confetti JHB (Working in Linden) – Website / Facebook
- Soweto Home for the Aged (Working in Soweto) – Website / Facebook
- Wings of Inspiration Elderly Care Centre (Working in Randfontein) – Website
- Issy Geshen Home for the Aged (Working in Lamontville) – Website / Facebook
- The Association for the Aged (Working throughout KZN) – Website / Facebook
- The Robin Hood Foundation (Working in Westville) – Website / Facebook
- Ikamva Labantu (Working in Cape Town) – Website / Facebook
- Neighbourhood Old Age Homes (NOAH), (Working in Cape Town) – Website / Facebook
- Senior Santa Shoebox (Working in Cape Peninsula) – Facebook
- Wynberg Society for the Aged T/A Douglas Murray Home for the Aged (Working in Wynberg) – Website / Facebook.