Guy’s hilarious Twitter thread about living with female roommates is going viral for all the right reasons.
Global – Earlier this year, United Kingdom-based musician Craig Shapes (@craigshapes), tweeted a thread about everything he has learned from living with his two women roommates.
Shapes lives with his girlfriend Billie Jacobina and her best friend Sarah Wright, and his roommates have given him loads of conversation starters for his Twitter. From lady-poo to insta-stalking, the hilarious guy walks us through the top 15 things he has learned while living with two ladies for the past year.
Check it out below:
Last year, I moved in with my girlfriend and her best mate. They’re both girls. Some of the shit I’ve seen is EYE OPENING mate.
1. They show each other ALL of the messages that they receive from everybody. Nobody is safe. Girls don’t need screenshots mate; they have photographic screenshot memories.
2. Contrary to popular belief, girls do poo. And they ain’t scared to talk about it mate. “I NEED A POO” is probably the most used phrase in this house.
3. HAIR CLIPS. Oh, my days the hair clips. Stand on them, sit on them, wake up with them attached to your skin, mate I could have a fucking bath in the ones I find on a weekly basis.
4. The process for getting ready for a night out is not just “wash, get dressed, go out”. Nah. There’s meetings, catwalk shows, endless compliments and it’s sometimes an actual 2 man job cos some dresses have back zips that would literally be impossible for one girl to reach mate.
5. Candles. We have SO MANY CANDLES. Candles that smell like really weird things, like “rhubarb and custard”. I don’t even know what rhubarb and custard actually smells like?!?
6. Kardashians. Ibiza Weekender. Ru Paul. Ex On The Beach. Love Island. Geordie Shore. Mate, I know everything about all of these people I’ll never meet. There are SO MANY EPISODES OF THEM ALL! And the worst thing is, I actually gave in and really got into Love Island.
7. If my eyebrows aren’t “fleeky”, they literally don’t talk to me until I agree to let one of the girls pluck them. It’s mad. Girls love plucking someone else’s eyebrows. No idea why!!
8. Girls go on and on about dieting and “bikini bodies” etc, but trust me when I say that “cheat day” is pretty much whenever they feel sad about anything. Bad day? Glass of wine. Is it Monday? Chocolate. Did your boyfriend tell you we can’t have a dog? Dominos.
9. I know that the saying goes “girls find out everything”, but if that’s true, it’s only because they are NEXT LEVEL Instagram stalkers. Seriously I mention a first name, after 5 mins on insta they know the person’s dogs name, their shoe size and their national insurance number.
10. Dressing gowns. If you haven’t got a dressing gown, then you are missing out mate. Some days when we’re hungover, we literally don’t get out of dressing gowns all day. The girls go Tesco in dressing gowns, and nobody even cares bruv.
11. Sometimes I sit on the sofa and just watch those two, sometimes they just look and break out in to dance or something. I literally have no idea what’s going on; there doesn’t even have to be any music playing.
12. Everything is a massive drama. Having to wash your hair = drama. It being cold outside when you expected warm and you have to change your outfit = drama. Not being able to find an item of clothing = absolutely fucking massive drama.
13. If visitors come round, we have to know 8-10 working days beforehand so the girls can make sure that the house is clean, they’ve washed and dried their hair, and they have makeup on.
14. Girls share all of the clothes. They might as well have a shared wardrobe. It’s actually gone past the point of them knowing who’s top is who’s lol.
15. There is so much hair everywhere mate; it’s mad. Especially around the shower, just little clumps of hair. Am used to it now tho.
All I’d say tho is that you don’t know true loyalty until you’ve lived with girls. And the house is full of laughter every day. Love them.
One more tho… they’re both currently crying at DIY SOS. And crying at something on the telly is completely normal. 😂