Google has offered 20 free online courses to internet users and they include Digital Marketing, Data and Tech and Career Development courses.
Google recently updated its offering to include free online courses. The courses are designed to help South Africans grow their business or jumpstart their career. There are a number of digital skills to learn on the platform which will benefit millions of people.
The courses allow users to learn by selecting individual modules or by taking an entire course start to finish. Each course indicates how many modules are available and how long it will take to work through the course work.
The course also allows people to work at their own pace and allows people to receive an accredited certificate.
“Grow your career or business at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.”
You can see the list of free courses below or check out their digital learning platform here.
Data and tech
- Understand the basics of code (1 hour)
- Increase productivity at work (1 hour)
- Understand the basics of machine learning (1 hour)
- Improve your online business security (1 hour)
- Fundamentals of digital marketing (40 hours)
- Get a business online (3 hours)
- Make sure customers find you online (3 hours)
- Promote a business with online advertising (3 hours)
- Expand a business to other countries (1 hour)
- Connect with customers over mobile (1 hour)
- Promote a business with content (3 hours)
- Understand customers needs and online behaviours (1 hour)
- Build confidence with self-promotion (1 hour)
- How to enhance and protect your online campaign (7 hours)
- Land your next job (1 hour)
- Intro to digital wellbeing (1 hour)
- Effective networking (1 hour)
- Intro to business communication (1 hour)
- Communicate your ideas through storytelling and design (1 hour)
- Speaking in public (1 hour)