There is something wonderful about an object lovingly made by hand. Everyday artworks that should be treasured and shared. As SA’s most dynamic pop-up retail platform, KAMERS/Makers celebrates exactly that with shows across the nation.
This summer KAMERS/Makers is taking their ever-growing community of innovative ‘makers’ back to the popular Irene show in Pretoria, 28 November – 4 December.
In response to the ever-growing demand for handcrafted, passionately made products – bought directly from those who make them – KAMERS/Makers will once again introduce brand new creative entrepreneurs into the retail world in their uniquely supportive and nurturing environment.
From jewellery inspired by renowned SA fine artist Walter Battiss, to arty cakes dreams are made of… From intricately crafted, hand-painted ceramics, to the finest local bubbly… All hand-picked for a unique shopping experience.
This year KAMERS/Makers welcomed Absa as sponsors, partnering in a safe and convenient cashless system that takes KAMERS into the future of pop-up retail. Another innovation is their growing Incub8 programme – young entrepreneurs being mentored through the launch of their fledgling businesses… some real talent here!
The shows promise many more highlights, but it would be best experienced for yourself. And if you simply cannot make it, shop online at shop.kamersvol.com – it’s the KAMERS/Makers magic, available at the click of a button!
The signature show at the Open Window/Southdowns College venue in Irene will draw the curtain on their 14th year – one in which they are committed to carrying SA’s creative torch even further…
A few highlights and must-sees at the show:
- Pintuck Resort swimming costumes for ladies
- Temple of Reason for men
- Skoon Skincare range
- Nina Bosch & Bosch Ceramics
- Jane Sews – well know fashion brand, very popular on Instagram
- Saronsberg – wine
- Lorne – interesting jewellery
- Henna Tattoos
- Braij – deli
- Pierre Jourdan PJ Pops – champagne ice lollies
- KAMERS Gifts shop with gifts under R300.
- KAMERS wat Inspireer coffee table book available at only R100 (usually R300)
Music on the kykNET stage (Saturday – 3 December & Sunday – 4 December)
- 12:00 Lunatic Wolf (unplugged)
- 14:00 Vermaak (Willemien Heys & Adelle Nqeto)
- 11:00 – Shotgun Tori & The Hound
- 13:00 – Refentse
A bit of info about the show:
- Tickets R50 at www.plankton.mobi and R70 at the entrance – includes a KAMERS/Makers shopper bag, hand-printed by Breytenbach Centre’s community project in Wellington, and gift.
- 5-day passes available at R100.
- Discount available for students and pensioners.
- Free entry for under 18’s (not including shopper bag and magazine)
- kamersvol.com | facebook.com/kamersvol | Twitter & Instagram: @kamersvol
Shop online at shop.kamersvol.com – it’s the KAMERS/Makers magic, available at the click of a button!