Child protection is a vital part of changing lives in South Africa which is why Dr Dee Blackie created Courage – To empower the child welfare community.
South Africa (06 December 2021) – Courage, a South African organisation that specialises in Child Welfare and Protection, has created 16 resources to help any organisation support children. They have done so for ’16 Days of Activism’.
Courage Child Protection was founded by Dr Dee Blackie as a way to create a community and share resources to ensure children receive the very best care and support.
Courage has decided to create 16 short videos that explain how to use and train the child protection community. Non-profits and organisations wanting to participate in the training need to simply watch the video, download the materials from the website and start training!
All resources are available to those that need them for free. You can find out more via the website here.
Courage is a powerful child protection toolkit and process that helps you to:
- Recognise the rights and needs of all children.
- Identify where they are being abused or overlooked.
- Develop the strategies you will need to solve child protection challenges.
- Empower you, your organization and your community to make a difference in partnership with others.
- Measure and evaluate your progress to ensure that the difference you make is effective and sustainable.
During the 16 Days of Activism campaign, topics such as teenage pregnancy, understanding the child protection process for abuse, neglect or exploitation, and how to identify challenges – to name a few.
As mentioned, all the resources are free to use but should you wish to purchase the printed posters and materials; you can reach out to Dr Dee here.