Mental health support is essential to leading a productive, healthy life; this is our charity list for 2023, and while it is still short, it is growing every year!
South Africa (13 January 2023) – The Good Things Guy team has been working on these charity lists since the start of the pandemic in 2020. They were created as tools to help people find help or offer it to causes close to their hearts. Over the years, the demand for these lists has grown, and today, we are excited to share our lists for 2023.
Our charity list was usually one long one, but we have found, with the help of insightful readers, that one list is too much to work through. This year we are splitting the list into various categories. This list features all the mental health organisations we have featured over the years and can vouch for.
If we have missed an organisation or charity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add it soonest; kindly supply the relevant links as well as which province they work in, the NPO/NGO/NPC registration details and a brief description of what the organisation does.
Please note, this is a working list, so keep sending through your charities, and we will keep adding them!
- LifeLine South Africa – Website / Facebook
- SA Federation for Mental Health – Website / Facebook
- The Goldilocks and The Bear Foundation – Website / Facebook
- The South African Depression and Anxiety Group – Website / Facebook
- LifeLine Johannesburg – Website / Facebook
- LifeLine Pretoria – Website / Facebook
- LifeLine Vaal (Working in Evaton, Sebokeng and Sharpville) – Website / Facebook
- Durban and Coastal Mental Health (Working in Durban) – Website / Facebook
- LifeLine Durban (Working in Durban) – Website / Facebook
- LifeLine Pietermaritzburg – Facebook
- LifeLine Limpopo – Facebook
- LifeLine Nelspruit – Facebook
- LifeLine Northern Cape – Facebook
- Cape Mental Health (Working in Observatory) – Website / Facebook
- Community Keepers (Working in Stellenbosch) – Website / Facebook
- Counselling Hub (Working in Woodstock) – Website / Facebook
- Equinox Trust (Working in Durbanville and Tokai) – Website / Facebook
- HandsandFeet (Working in Strandfontein) – Website / Facebook
- Hope House (Working in Bergvliet, Tableview and Kuilsrivier as well as online) – Website / Facebook
- Inala Mental Health (Working in Woodstock) – Website / Facebook
- LifeLine Garden Riute – Facebook
- LifeLine Western Cape – Website / Facebook
- Persona Doll Training (Working in Western Cape) – Website / Facebook
- The Spring Foundation (Working in Cape Town) – Website / Facebook