Handyman Anthony Esmeraldo was sent a list of helpful tips for female homeowners and said it was too fun not to share with everyone.
South Africa (28 January 2020) – Asked if a woman can also be a handy-woman around the house, Mr Anthony Esmeraldo from Ant Projects, replied that there is absolutely no reason why a woman can’t fill this role if she is willing to commit her time and some money.
“Because I am the owner of a handyman (business), people send me all sorts of handyman stuff. A friend recently shared these tips with me which made me laugh and I would like to share it with you because life is too short, and we have to have some fun along the way” – Anthony Esmeraldo
- If you cannot find a screwdriver for the job, use a knife. Should you break off the tip, it’s an improved screwdriver.
- Try to work on your own – an audience isn’t really of any help.
- If what you have done seems stupid, but it works, it is not stupid anymore.
- Work in the kitchen whenever possible … you will find many fine tools there, it’s warm and dry, and best of all – you are close to the refrigerator.
- If it’s electronic, buy a new one…or consult with a twelve-year-old.
- Be simple-minded – replace the bulb or fuse, get a new battery, see if the tank is empty, try to turn the switch or just paint over it.
- Always take the credit for miracles. If you drop the alarm clock while taking it apart and it suddenly starts to work, you have healed it.
- Regardless of what other people have to say, kicking, throwing and pounding sometimes DOES help.
- If something looks level to you, it is level … except when it’s a window or a door that needs to open and close.
- If you do not succeed, simply redefine success.