Good deeds light up the lives of those around us in the simplest way so why not do more of them? With their new campaign, Just Property hopes to inspire thousands of good deeds across South Africa.
Johannesburg, South Africa – Good deeds are everywhere. There is one happening at any given moment and sometimes you may not even realise one has happened. A good deed can be as simple as smiling at a person as you pass them by – a smile they may have desperately needed. We want to help celebrate these acts of kindness.
Good Things Guy has teamed up with Just Property to celebrate the good deeds South Africans do on a daily basis. Every week we will celebrate a deed right here on this platform but we need your help.
It’s simple – do a good deed for someone in need or identify someone else doing a good deed and share it with Just Property via their social media platforms using the hashtags #JustRightDeeds and #JustProperty. Once you have an image of the good deed, share what happened in the picture (or video) and nominate a friend to do or identify a good deed.
“Every time you do a good deed you shine the light a little farther into the dark. And the thing is, when you’re gone that light is going to keep shining on, pushing the shadows back.” – Charles De Lint
We will be calling these deeds “#JustRightDeeds” – deeds that are just right for the person receiving them. By sharing the good deeds of yourself and others, you stand the chance to win a weekly prize and you’ll be inspiring others to do the same.
How to get involved.
- Snap a picture or video of you or someone else doing a #JustRightDeeds
- Share it on social media and tell Just Property what happened
- Use the hashtag #JustRightDeeds and #JustProperty.
- Nominate a friend or family member to do the same.
To start the campaign off, here are some examples of good deeds you can do.
- Gift someone a hot meal
- Give someone a warm jacket or a pair of shoes
- Pay for someone’s coffee/groceries etc
- Donate items to a charity of your choice
- Visit an elderly person
- Wash a friend’s car
- Wheel a neighbour’s bins in
- Pick up rubbish in your local park or on the beach
- Walk a shelter dog
- Plant a tree in memory of a loved one
These are just suggestions. Think outside the box and get creative with your #JustRightDeeds! We cannot wait to find what’s Just Right for you!