A message started doing the rounds on social media after President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the opening of more industries in Advanced Level Three.
South Africa (18 June 2020) – Many small business owners were able to breath a sigh of relief last night as Advanced Level 3 was announced. You can find a full breakdown of what that means here, we shared an in-depth story about the new rules and regulations.
Several industries will be allowed to join the economy once again. This is great news for everyone!
Industries due to reopen soon:
- Restaurants for ‘sit-down’ meals.
- Accredited and licensed accommodation, except home-sharing accommodation like Airbnb.
- Conferences and meetings for business purposes and in line with restrictions on public gatherings.
- Cinemas and theatres, to be aligned to limitations on the gathering of people.
- Personal care services, including hairdressers and beauty services.
- Non-contact sports such as golf, tennis, cricket and others.
- Contact sports will be allowed only for training and modified activities with restricted use of facilities.
After the announcement was made, a message started being shared online. A message calling for compassion for the people who will be reopening their businesses. A reminder that these men and women have faced incredible stresses and will need to recoup after all the financial loss.
We want to welcome everyone back! We would also like to remind everyone that spaces for these places will be limited so we urge you all to have patience as salons book you in, as restaurants seat you, as hotels try and accommodate you and movies get released.
Every industry will make sure you are seen to, it may just be slower than you are used to. Take a look at the message below. Let’s make it go viral!
Also, welcome back! You have been missed!
As businesses start to reopen, please understand they may have just survived one of the hardest professional and personal challenges they’ve ever faced.
While they’re excited to open, the owners and employees are still stressed. They’re not through the woods yet.
Please don’t go to these businesses and complain about changes that were forced upon them due to lost revenue, lost employees, new policies and protocols. They don’t have the same business that had two months ago!
They are doing everything they can to adapt to the situation. But everything is different for them.
Be kind. Be compassionate. Have patience.
They’re still recovering from battle number one and their next battle of rebuilding has just begun.
It is unclear who penned the message but if you know, let us know and we will add them to the story.