In a first for local travel in South Africa, LIFT has introduced dog-friendly flights that allow pups in the cabin with you!
Johannesburg, South Africa (13 April 2021) – LIFT knows that your four-legged friends are a part of the family, that’s why the new local airline has created a unique offering for their travellers to fly onboard selected LIFT flights‚ with their small dogs.
“Your dog will now be able to travel in a pet-friendly carry bag placed under the seat in front of you.”
For those of you that aren’t pet fanatics or have allergies – not to worry! Only a limited number of pets are allowed to travel on selected flights‚ and a rigorous cleaning schedule is conducted in between flights.
View their dog-friendly flight schedule by clicking the link.
The airline has stated that the new service is only for small dogs who can fit in the space under the seat and they aren’t able to accommodate big dogs at the moment. But the team are always working on new ways to accommodate travellers and so are looking at other options in the future.
“This is a first for local travel‚ and we couldn’t be more excited to have little paws flying with LIFT!”
Here’s how to book this service:
This service must be requested at least 72 hours before your intended date of travel.
- STEP 1 – Fill out our Special Request Form. You DON’T need to book a flight.
- STEP 2 – Select the “Travel With Your Small Dog” option and complete all required information.
- STEP 3 – Our LIFT Support Desk will be in contact within 24 hours to confirm availability. The cost of the dog-friendly booking (blocked-off seat) will be equal to the fare paid by the accompanying adult.
- STEP 4 – Your booking confirmation will be emailed to you once our Customer Support Desk has processed your request.
- STEP 5 – Arrive at the airport at least 2-hours before departure. Please ensure you have your dog’s carrier and all relevant travel documents. More info below.